PERRANUTHNOE is a small village on the South Coast of Cornwall, just East of Marazion, there is a Car Park and sloping access to a safe sandy beach and the beachside Cabin Cafe. It has The Victoria Inn a superb multi award winning pub, which serves super food both lunchtimes & evenings, - a Church dating back as far as 1160. The Lynfield Centre which houses The Cowhouse Gallery, The Peppercorn Cafe and a hairdressers.

Saturday 4 October 2014

 I was all for walking all the way back the way we'd come, but Jim persuaded me to be daring and walk through the middle of them
 This stubborn one was right in front of the gate, but she looked up at Jim and the battle of wills was lost and she moved away.  (I had noticed on our closer viewing that all the ones I'd seen were Heifers rather than the bullocks they usually have in the field.
 Looking back from the safety of the gate
 Lots of small clouds around the sun again
I didn't see a sunset, but again the view was lovely

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I could resist sticky toffee pudding either. It is one of my favorite desserts as I love anything with toffee or caramel, and the sweeter the better!
    There are so many tamarisks in your photos today. I don't think I have ever seen so many before as there are close to the "cow" gate. I am quite ignorant about them as to whether they are wild or planted. By the way, you were pretty brave to go through the cows as that was quite a group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All this area of the coast - possibly originally from Marazion all the way to Prussia Cove were planted with Tamarisk along the field walls, I assume to act as a wind break. Many have been lost over the years due to erosion and of course last Winter caused many to slide down onto beaches or be blown onto the fields. Those that survived have recovered really well and look beautiful - sadly wind tends to tear the delicate green fluffy leaves - possible 60mph gusts ecpexted in the next few days ! Sue

      Delete

Have had to add the word verification as I am getting lots of obscene messages in the comments