PERRANUTHNOE is a small village on the South Coast of Cornwall, just East of Marazion, there is a Car Park and sloping access to a safe sandy beach and the beachside Cabin Cafe. It has The Victoria Inn a superb multi award winning pub, which serves super food both lunchtimes & evenings, - a Church dating back as far as 1160. The Lynfield Centre which houses The Cowhouse Gallery, The Peppercorn Cafe and a hairdressers.

Sunday 9 November 2014

The middle part of Saturday - Truro & St Clement

 After my trip to see Scillonian III off, I returned home and we left for Truro as I had a curtain to collect from Dunelm. Fortunately Dunelm is close to the Creek at St Clement.
 It was low tide and as muddy as I remember it always is in the Winter
 These illegal immigrants seem to be getting everywhere - not too keen on Canada Geese as they tend to be really noisy
 They were constantly moving around
 From the mud
 and off to Tresemple Pool
 Wooster was very interested in all that noise
 As they set off again
 All the usual Ducks were hiding in amongst the weeds at the side of the pool
 Only one Curlew around as we walked along - I suspect they have gone up-river away from the Geese
 Many of the trees on the far bank are the evergreen Turkey Oaks on the Tregothnan Estate
Nice bit of Autumn colour at The Old Vicarage Tea Rooms, where we had a lovely light lunch - Jim 2 little Crab Cakes and me, Smoked Salmon Pate with warm Brioche - nice !
 Our local weather forecaster had said there would be big waves on the North Coast, so we drove home along the North Coast Road - here at Perranporth although they were big they did not look like the 10ft that was forecast - would probably get better as the tide came in
 Nice lot of beach for the walkers
As you drive down the A30 just after Crowlas The Mount comes into view - I've always wanted to get a photo, but am usually driving.  The view always made me feel happy as it used to mean we were off to Scilly or we had arrived in our favourite part of Cornwall. The trees have grown since the early days, but The Mount is still there !

4 comments:

  1. I meant to go to St Clement this time, but forgot, so I will put it on my list for next time. I expect it is different to how it was in the 60s, as I only remember a group of cottages, and nowhere to have such a lovely sounding lunch. I'll remember it for my spring trip, along with the Stable Cafe at the Penrose Estate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. St Clements hasn't changed much I'm sure, but The Old Vicarage certainly has - 2 years and 1 million pounds spent on this plush B&B along with the tea room - sadly closed From 21st December until 1st April - they obviously have somewhere warm to go to in the Winter. The Stable cafe is now only open at weekends until Easter we shall miss it if we go during the week !

      Delete
  2. Good grief Sue! what a busy Saturday you had! Love the fact that in West Cornwall the North and South coasts are not far apart, unlike Devon. The A30 after Crowlas is my favourite part of the drive down and always makes me shiver when the Mount and the Bay come into view. Makes the rest of the drive melt away. First came to West Cornwall as a teenager and hope I never lose that feeling on arriving! Jane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit hectic, but enjoyable and Jim did the driving to Truro and we only had the one door curtain to collect from Dunelm so it was mainly a trip to St Clements.
      So pleased that I'm not the only one to love that little part of the A30 where Mount's Bay is suddenly there before you - I came down first with Jim to stay in a cottage in Mousehole and obviously loved it - apart from the fog - Scillonian II was coming past each morning and we couldn't see her ! But we explored a bit and found Prussia Cove which we loved. Sue

      Delete

Have had to add the word verification as I am getting lots of obscene messages in the comments