PERRANUTHNOE is a small village on the South Coast of Cornwall, just East of Marazion, there is a Car Park and sloping access to a safe sandy beach and the beachside Cabin Cafe. It has The Victoria Inn a superb multi award winning pub, which serves super food both lunchtimes & evenings, - a Church dating back as far as 1160. The Lynfield Centre which houses The Cowhouse Gallery, The Peppercorn Cafe and a hairdressers.

Tuesday 27 January 2015

Tuesday - or D for disaster day !

 I took the dogs up the hill to Oamaru to see if the electrician had been - he'd been - and gone -  to get more kit, and Mike was carrying on with the fencing as the forecast was for a calm and dry day
 Lots of cloud, but sunny spells as well
 The sun on Castle an Dinas really making it stand out
 The Mount in the shade, but the hills behind Penzance in the sunshine
 Then the other way round
 as I set off to continue with our walkies I realised that the dark cloud was coming my way
 Wonderful view of The Castle in the bright sunshine
 Heavy looking clouds approaching
 Nice view of Churchtown
 Lots of gorse in flower - looking very bright and cheerful
Definitely time to go home !
When I got home I noticed that I could smell burning oil and when I checked the sensor was flashing empty - I quickly turned everything off and phoned our oil supplier who should have delivered several days ago - fat lot of good it is to have a top-up service if they don't !  
So, we started off the day with heat upstairs and none downstairs due to a failed electronic programmer, and finished the day - with no heat at all !    Thank goodness we had still got the space heaters that we took out of Oamaru.  They're keeping the lounge nice and warm - must be costing a fortune !
I've also lit the woodburner, but the temperature was down to 14c in there and would take it half the evening just to get the temperature up to anything like I'd want ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have had to add the word verification as I am getting lots of obscene messages in the comments