PERRANUTHNOE is a small village on the South Coast of Cornwall, just East of Marazion, there is a Car Park and sloping access to a safe sandy beach and the beachside Cabin Cafe. It has The Victoria Inn a superb multi award winning pub, which serves super food both lunchtimes & evenings, - a Church dating back as far as 1160. The Lynfield Centre which houses The Cowhouse Gallery, The Peppercorn Cafe and a hairdressers.

Tuesday 19 January 2016

Tuesday

 Very dark and grey start to the day
 The Hawks from RNAS Culdrose were zooming around this morning
Really dark and threatening, but no rain around
Visit from this RIB
I  went to Penzance and the tide was well in
I walked along the road and took this looking Through the Gaps"
Scillonian III in dry dock - no idea what's happened to the  D's
The dry dock team are already painting the old girl - so no major work this year
Chipping off the rust
and painting her bottom ! 
I walked along towards Jubilee Pool and took this looking over Battery Rocks
Down below me I spotted a few of the Pink Vanish bottles that have been turning up all along the coast - I gather that more have appeared along Newlyn Green
Unfortunately Cormac that are renovating the Jubilee Pool have decided to put a screen all along and no peek holes for people to be able to see the progress - fortunately I spotted a gap along the wall and managed to poke the camera in.  Looks like they are still drilling holes in the bottom to "anchor" it all to the rock underneath
Over the top was my last view of the vessel Magsenger 19 as by the time I got home she was on her way to  Baltimore , USA after being in the bay since 20th December
A few splashes onto the Promenade at high tide
Do hope that Cormac do a better job of Jubilee Pool that they've done on these railings that were replaced after the storms of 2013/14

I then walked up into town past my favourite building - The Egyptian House
Love the shapes of glass in this window
and my very big favourite - right at the top, this wonderful Eagle
When I arrived back at the car, Gry Maritha had just arrived back from Scilly - still having to use this side of the dock as the gates to the wet dock are under repair
I then carried on to Newlyn and Trelawney's Fish shop for several lovely big fillets of Hake, to put in the freezer
Not quite as much choice as in the Summer
On such a grey day, the colours of all the boats was a welcome sight
 Especially of course the Penlee Lifeboat the Ivan Ellen
Up on the hard was TO50 Rowse Crabber Harriet Eve , looks like her bottom has been done, but the rest awaiting some TLC

My second view "Through The Gaps"
The wonderful view of the plainer side of The Castle on The Mount
Home again - and a little sun
 Think that this one is definitely Hogweed
Just to check I took the leaf as well !
Boat Cove
The Beach and then back home

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Sue enjoyed that walk ! lots of my favourite places ! will catch up soon ! a belated Happy New Year ! macca.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too ! Pleased you're still looking in - Had some nice sunshine today - for a while at least ! Sue

      Delete

Have had to add the word verification as I am getting lots of obscene messages in the comments