PERRANUTHNOE is a small village on the South Coast of Cornwall, just East of Marazion, there is a Car Park and sloping access to a safe sandy beach and the beachside Cabin Cafe. It has The Victoria Inn a superb multi award winning pub, which serves super food both lunchtimes & evenings, - a Church dating back as far as 1160. The Lynfield Centre which houses The Cowhouse Gallery, The Peppercorn Cafe and a hairdressers.

Thursday 4 February 2016

Thursday

 
Just a little brightness as I was setting off for Penzance
 As Jim walked the dogs up the hill the Cornish mizzle was rolling over the Penwith Moors and down onto Mount's Bay

 Still although it was a little damp it wasn't raining
I drove down through Marazion and had a quick stop to take this shot of The Mount and the tyre tracks of the amphicraft St Michael
 Only a few minutes later, taken at Marazion Junction
I parked in the Harbour car park as these young folk were setting out on their Kayaks
Very calm in the harbour today
 Need more dry weather as there's lots still to paint on Marine Discovery's Shearwater II
 Bite Adventures showing off her big engines
 and of course a Turnstone
When I got back to the car after my shopping the light had changed
I gather that Scilly had some sunshine today - we just saw the edge of it

The light seemed to be getting brighter, we we didn't see the sun
What I did spot were Whimbrels - I gather from a birder who had binoculars that the Hudsonian Whimbrel that everyone has been looking for was among them
But the light was bad and they were quite a way off on the end of Maen-dhu Point


Someone's been having fun down on the beach,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have had to add the word verification as I am getting lots of obscene messages in the comments