PERRANUTHNOE is a small village on the South Coast of Cornwall, just East of Marazion, there is a Car Park and sloping access to a safe sandy beach and the beachside Cabin Cafe. It has The Victoria Inn a superb multi award winning pub, which serves super food both lunchtimes & evenings, - a Church dating back as far as 1160. The Lynfield Centre which houses The Cowhouse Gallery, The Peppercorn Cafe and a hairdressers.

Friday 27 August 2010

In search of The Matthew

After having seen a news item on Wednesday about replica vessel The Matthew coming around Lands End to visit Falmouth on Saturday I had been keeping my eyes out for her - but no AIS so was surprised to spot her off Mousehole - so much smaller than I imagined.
After walking the dogs I decided to go down to Penzance to try to get a photograph. I really hadn't thought about just how many people would be in Pz. still - I wanted to park in the Car Park by the Jubilee Pool as Scillonian III was coming in past the Delphin Voyager, the the car park was totally full, so I had to go back to the Harbour one.
As I got there Scillonian III was just coming in to Lighthouse Quay. Ah well you can't in them all !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have had to add the word verification as I am getting lots of obscene messages in the comments