PERRANUTHNOE is a small village on the South Coast of Cornwall, just East of Marazion, there is a Car Park and sloping access to a safe sandy beach and the beachside Cabin Cafe. It has The Victoria Inn a superb multi award winning pub, which serves super food both lunchtimes & evenings, - a Church dating back as far as 1160. The Lynfield Centre which houses The Cowhouse Gallery, The Peppercorn Cafe and a hairdressers.

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Almost no way out !

Sadly a confrontation of man versus truck usually has a bad result.
This morning sometime around 10am a learner motorcyclist has hit of one of the local small lorries - not sure exactly what happened but it was quite close to the junction.  An ambulance & police arrived, but called in one of the RNAS Culdrose rescue helicopters and he was taken to Royal Cornwall Hospital in Truro. The lane out of the village was therefore completely closed, as after the casualty had left there was much work to be done by the police and forensic folk.

 I made my escape by using the track (and I mean track !) that runs eventually up to Trebarvah, but I wouldn't want to do that again !
When I returned from my trip at around 1.30pm the road was still closed, so the Chinese Restaurants car park is now full of folk who have walked down to the village - Policewoman Nicky said it could be 8 hours before it's reopened.
In the event it was open at 5pm when I went up to collect it.  The car park had one car on it and sadly the pub and cafes only had customers who had either walked in on the coastal footpath or down the road.

4 comments:

  1. Sadly the pub and cafe only had custom by walkers, to bad don't worry about the poor lad who had the accident

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some knowledge of exactly what happened but did not wish to comment. I also have been unable to find out how he is, but the comment was about the chaos caused in such a narrow lane and the time it takes for the necessary work to be done. It's a dangerous lane and should be taken by all at a much slower speed than many do !

      Delete
  2. the lad is edward baker, he is one of my very good friends, please could you tell me what happend i cannot find anyone with the real story, he is still in hospital now, and has not woken up yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I have searched all the local news sites and BBC Cornwall, but can find nothing at the moment. What I was told was by a lady who was there, but since this is second hand I wouldn't like to repeat it. The motorbike was still at the side of the road when I drove home at 5pm which I thought was odd. Will update if I do find any more info.
      Sue

      Delete

Have had to add the word verification as I am getting lots of obscene messages in the comments