PERRANUTHNOE is a small village on the South Coast of Cornwall, just East of Marazion, there is a Car Park and sloping access to a safe sandy beach and the beachside Cabin Cafe. It has The Victoria Inn a superb multi award winning pub, which serves super food both lunchtimes & evenings, - a Church dating back as far as 1160. The Lynfield Centre which houses The Cowhouse Gallery, The Peppercorn Cafe and a hairdressers.

Saturday 7 July 2012

A quick visit to Lamorna

We went down to Lamorna - for a comfort stop and had a cup of tea looking out over the cove. It's not one of my favourite spots - I'm too much of a worrier - those rocks look far to unstable, although I'm sure they're not.
After last nights torrential rain the stream that runs down into Lamorna Cove was a raging torrent
White water as it tumbles down the rocks to the sea
Sad to see how bad the old harbour wall  is looking now - not allowed to walk along there now and I gather, no money to repair it

4 comments:

  1. Those rocks do look unstable!
    I was interested to see Lamorna as I used to sing a song about Lamorna when I was in a Cornish choir. I think it was an old song and a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty, I'm sure those rocks have been there for many many years, but they still look very threatening to me. Can't work out why they kept working the quarry if they didn't have a market for the granite. Lamorna is a lovely name - it was home to the Lamorna School of Artists the most famous of which was probably S J "Lamorna" Birch. There are still quite a number of artists in the valley. Sue

      Delete
  2. Sorry there has been no sighting of the lost dog. I'm sure your efforts are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty, the sad thing is there's been several sightings, but they did not ring any of the telephone numbers on the posters until a week or so later, so we're running so far behind her. Still hoping !

      Delete

Have had to add the word verification as I am getting lots of obscene messages in the comments