PERRANUTHNOE is a small village on the South Coast of Cornwall, just East of Marazion, there is a Car Park and sloping access to a safe sandy beach and the beachside Cabin Cafe. It has The Victoria Inn a superb multi award winning pub, which serves super food both lunchtimes & evenings, - a Church dating back as far as 1160. The Lynfield Centre which houses The Cowhouse Gallery, The Peppercorn Cafe and a hairdressers.

Wednesday 18 July 2012

WOW ! An Amazing visitor !

Those who have visited the area might have seen that the Rosudgeon Post Office & Shop is also the home to Westcountry Classics and boy what a classic they had there the other day.
Sadly I hadn't taken my camera with me just to buy a bottle of milk, so I had to use my phone - and I'm rubbish with it - I then couldn't find the cable to connect it to the PC. anyway I've done it and take a look at what I think is a 1929 Bentley Speed 6 - possibly a Le Mans Team Car. It had a German registration - even though it has the union jack on the side.  Since they were very absorbed under the bonnet I didn't like to disturb them !
I suspect it is worth a fortune, but it's great to see it's being used,  possibly as a touring car - or was it in Cornwall for a Vintage Car Rally. It looks almost Cornish with all that mud on it !

2 comments:

  1. Morning Sue,
    what a lovely car. I tried to find out what it is exactly, but only found out that it must have been participant of a EFG Bank sponsored Rallye. EFG is a private bank for historic motor racing.
    I don't know the date you took the picture, but there are several places in Cornwall showing vintage cars in July, 15th Wadebridge, 16th Stithians, 20-22nd Boconnoc and 22nd Porthleven. May be you can see it again in Porthleven. By the way, the Reg. No. is from Hamburg.
    Greetings
    Gerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Gerd, Yes I'd looked at the list of Rallies - most of the cars that go to these rallies have been made during my lifetime, so I'd say more Classic than truly Vintage like this one (rather like me again ! !) Amazing thing to see. Sue

    ReplyDelete

Have had to add the word verification as I am getting lots of obscene messages in the comments