PERRANUTHNOE is a small village on the South Coast of Cornwall, just East of Marazion, there is a Car Park and sloping access to a safe sandy beach and the beachside Cabin Cafe. It has The Victoria Inn a superb multi award winning pub, which serves super food both lunchtimes & evenings, - a Church dating back as far as 1160. The Lynfield Centre which houses The Cowhouse Gallery, The Peppercorn Cafe and a hairdressers.

Friday 12 April 2013

One of the five cargo vessels in Mount's Bay at the moment - but we have had 10 at one time  - I hadn't thought about the impact they might be having until I read an article about the damage their anchors are doing to the many Lobster Pots that are down especially to the Eastern end of the bay.
"Jeremy Hosking of the boat Nazarene that I often photograph near Cudden Point said thousands of pounds' worth of his and other fishermen's crab pots, which are placed on the sea bed, have been damaged beyond repair when the big ships, which are legally allowed to be there, drop anchor in the eastern end of the bay.  I had £500 worth of equipment destroyed on Saturday. I can't afford more losses like that. I lost £2,000 last year."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have had to add the word verification as I am getting lots of obscene messages in the comments