PERRANUTHNOE is a small village on the South Coast of Cornwall, just East of Marazion, there is a Car Park and sloping access to a safe sandy beach and the beachside Cabin Cafe. It has The Victoria Inn a superb multi award winning pub, which serves super food both lunchtimes & evenings, - a Church dating back as far as 1160. The Lynfield Centre which houses The Cowhouse Gallery, The Peppercorn Cafe and a hairdressers.

Thursday 1 August 2013

Two white ships

 I was just about to sit down to dinner when I spotted this !  Scillonian III coming down Mount's Bay with the beautiful cruise ship Sea Cloud II - which had been visiting Scilly today - sadly I was shooting into the gloom over on that side of the bay
 and here's a much better one from Mike in Mousehole, with Perranuthnoe in the background
I kept an eye on the AIS signal from Sea Cloud II and she went close to The Mount to give her passengers a closer look before she came out on our side of the bay - such a pity it wasn't a finer evening as the light was terrible.

2 comments:

  1. Now that's what I call a cruise ship! Not like those giant multistorey monstrosities that seem to be everywhere these days, even Falmouth.
    However, I have been on one once to Alaska which was my way of escaping the heat in September. It is probably one of the only ways to see coastal Alaska where there are few roads and the residents use sea planes to get in and out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is a beauty - we've seen her before and I'd noticed that she was on Scilly this morning, but never thought to check where she was going next - then suddenly there she was.
      I had a frend who had the trip of a lifetime and cruised to Alaska and loved it !

      Delete

Have had to add the word verification as I am getting lots of obscene messages in the comments