PERRANUTHNOE is a small village on the South Coast of Cornwall, just East of Marazion, there is a Car Park and sloping access to a safe sandy beach and the beachside Cabin Cafe. It has The Victoria Inn a superb multi award winning pub, which serves super food both lunchtimes & evenings, - a Church dating back as far as 1160. The Lynfield Centre which houses The Cowhouse Gallery, The Peppercorn Cafe and a hairdressers.

Friday 11 October 2013

There they are - plates of Falmouth Oysters
All kinds of seafood available
and lots of other Cornish Food
Cor !  We brought home some slices of delicious iced Ginger cake
Seafood Cookery  demonstration by David Trewin (I think)
We put the dogs back in the car and went in to Rick Stein's for this delicious Hake & chips - absoloutely delicious - since Jim has been suffering with a dicky tummy this week, he decided not to go for the Oysters this year.

2 comments:

  1. Third attempt to post today so here goes... wonderful looking seafood which has me very envious! Isn't San Diego on the Pacific coast you ask, and the answer is yes and... tasteless shrimp and crab, clawless lobsters, limited variety of fish are what we get. Must be the water temps or something, but I am very disillusioned about the choice in SoCal. Even the best fish and chip shop burned down so no more of that it seems. I went to the Falmouth oyster festival a couple of years back when I made an autumn trip over and really enjoyed it. I would have chosen the ginger cake too, although coffee and walnut often calls. Haven't tried a Grumpies but I saw our local Argal Farm Shop had them when I was there. Well at least we are off to San Francisco this weekend where good food and seafood abounds, so I can put my envy to rest. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that Google is being troublesome again - I lost a whole row of photos the other night - just disappeared ! Very annoying.
      Rather sad that the seafood isn't good in SoCal, we're so lucky here and that Hake was truly superb - paid 3x more and got 2 tiny squares of badly cooked Hake at Kotas in Porthleven. Not as many people at The Oyster Festival as last year - but maybe they were waiting until tomorrow when it won't feel as cold. Sue

      Delete

Have had to add the word verification as I am getting lots of obscene messages in the comments