PERRANUTHNOE is a small village on the South Coast of Cornwall, just East of Marazion, there is a Car Park and sloping access to a safe sandy beach and the beachside Cabin Cafe. It has The Victoria Inn a superb multi award winning pub, which serves super food both lunchtimes & evenings, - a Church dating back as far as 1160. The Lynfield Centre which houses The Cowhouse Gallery, The Peppercorn Cafe and a hairdressers.

Monday 21 May 2018

Monday

 Hazy morning but warmer
Scillonian III just overtaking the lugger Happy Return which was also heading for Scilly - they arrived this evening and are at anchor between St Martins and Tresco 

Cassie disappearing in the long grass
Nice dash about 
Sorry - just don't want to play with you 
One of the Mount ferries escaping for a trip  past us
Coastguard Helicopter on its way to Scilly
The May is in full flower now - so cast your clouts 
A little clearer than this morning 




Swallow 
Wonderful Weigelia in the village 
Valerian looking wonderful

2 comments:

  1. Sue and Jim, I have not checked your blog since arriving in Cornwall, and now I am back home in CA with jet lag, so decided to look back over all your May posts. What a month you have had! Firstly, I was very sad to read about Tilly, and I know it is hard when old pets begin to struggle. Your decision to go to the vet's office is one of the hardest that owners take.
    Secondly, I do hope your knee will improve, as you must enjoy seeing all the wild flowers at this time of year. We thought Cornwall looked especially beautiful this spring - maybe all that rain helped the flowering? We were lucky to have good weather most of the trip, and I can only think of two wet days, but one was a corker! We actually were at the Rock Pool Cafe in Mousehole, and the sea was wild. We didn't get to go to as many places that I like to visit such as Enys as we had my youngest with us and her partner, and they seemed to want to stay around the Helford. We also had work ongoing at the cottage, and like you, I did my knees in cleaning out kitchen cupboards that were a bit cobwebby after the winter. I should know better and use a kneeling pad, or better still sit on my backside!
    Thirdly, lucky people who bought the barn as it is in a superb position and you have maintained it in tiptop condition. I am sure they will enjoy those views of the bay and Mount.
    Sorry for the long comment, but wanted to touch base with you, and also to say I envy you being based in Cornwall all the time. Our trips go past so fast and I am always sad to turn the key and drive away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn, thanks for your kind words, it was time for Tilly as she's gone downhill and wasn't happy. As for my knee, I suspect the only way will be for another hopefully half-knee replacement. Can get around the house, but as soon as I try to walk further it's agony. Still I'm lucky that we live in such a wonderful place that I can see so much from home. Will be good to be able to relax a bit now the barn is sold - I take it far too seriously lol Sue

      Delete

Have had to add the word verification as I am getting lots of obscene messages in the comments